Information about Free and Reduced-Price Meals

Direct Certification

If you currently receive CalFresh (SNAP), California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWorks), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR) benefits, your child may automatically be certified by the State to receive free meals. If so, you will receive a Direct Certification letter from Nutrition Servies.

Online applications are available. Click here to apply online.

Applications for Free and Reduced-Price Meals for the 2016/2017 school year are now available for processing. For faster processing apply online at the link above. Nutrition Services office will process paper applications at 389 W. Truslow Avenue in Fullerton from Monday through Friday 8:00am-3:30pm Spanish-speaking staff is available to assist you.

Meal Application Requirements

Only original application forms are accepted. No faxed applications can be accepted. Applications must be completed using black or blue ink. If other ink colors are used, the application will be rejected. The use of white-out and/or crossing-out of information are not permitted.

Applications are accepted throughout the school year.

It takes up to 10 school days to process an application. Parents: Please plan accordingly. Instructions are in English and Spanish.

Application Assistance

Applicants with disabilities: The Nutrition Services Office does not have a ramp to allow wheelchair access. In order to help applicants with disabilities, Senior Secretary Terri Gonzalez or designated staff member will meet with disabled applicants, and read/write the applications for those who can't read/write or have a physical disability that prevents them from doing it themselves.

Persons with disabilities or who need help completing their application can make an appointment by calling 714-447-7435 and ask for Cinthia Arteaga.. Please specify the type of help needed.

Student Enrollment Needed

Any time there is a change in the number of people in a family or change in the household's income, parents and guardians may reapply for free/reduced-price meals. Applications may be sent to the Nutrition Office for processing at any time during the school year.

Students must be completely enrolled at their school sites in order to receive meal benefits. While they are waiting for their meal applications to be processed, students must pay full-price for their meal(s) or bring their own lunches to school.

Time Period to Apply for Benefits; Applies to Local District

Meal benefits will carry forward into the new school year for the first 15 school days or until a new application is received . If no application is received for the new school year before the expiration (plus 10 days to process), students are charged full-price for their meals beginning September 21, 2016.

Nutrition Services does not accept applications for the high school district or for any other school district.

Download a PDF copy of the Reduced/Free meal instructions:

Non Discrimination

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

"This institution is an equal opportunity provider."